Wood'n Finish Tabletop Kit - Barn Wood
Top Coat Sheen:
Top Coat Sheen
Go Beyond Faux Wood
Revolutionary Wood Finish Kit with the next generation of patented liquid wood coatings. Both the primer and the stain conatin over 60% recycled wood fibers. This kit includes everything you need to create a finish that looks and feels like real wood.
What comes in the kit
- Interior / Exterior - From Furniture to Decking, unmatched durability
- Easy to Use - Simple 3 step process, goes on like a gel stain but looks and feels like real wood because it IS real wood
- Safe - Low Odor - Waterbased, low VOC, low odor, easy clean up
- Wood'n Primer - High coverage primer that contains over 60% recycled wood fibers.
- Wood'n Stain - Revolutionary gel stain which contains over 60% recycled wood fibers.
- Graining Tool Set - Includes one 6" and 3" graining tool.
- Wonder brush - 3" flat brush.
- Tripletique Sealer - High solids, super hard, scratch resistant, and has a clear finish with exceptional clarity. It is our hardest and clearest waterbased top coat.
- Arts & Crafts
- & more...
Step 1 - Clean It
Remember to Prep the Surface
- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol)
and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Rinse off any residue with warm water.
- Lightly scuff up any glossy or smooth surfaces to give them tooth.
- 1-part rubbing alcohol and 1-part water.
- Krud Kutter® (Found in most hardware stores)
Other Cleaners That Work
Step 2 - Prime It
Apply 2 coats of
- 2 coats are all you need.
- Make final strokes long in the direction you want the grain.
- Clean your brush after each coat.
- Allow 2 hours for each coat to dry completely.
- If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer.
(Dry time may take as little as 5 minutes
when using a blow dryer on high heat)
Step 3 - Grain It Optional
Grain a thin coat of
If you want a smooth finish you can skip this step.
Your brush strokes will make a subtle grain.
- Apply a thin coat of Wood'n Stain in plank sized sections.
- Pull the graining tool through each section while coat is still wet.
- To achieve a wood knot, move your thumb downward and back up quickly while pulling the graining tool in a smooth continuous stroke (From one end to the other without stopping).
- For best results, don't rock the graining tool back and forth too often or else your surface will appear unnatural.
- If you don't like the grain then apply another coat of Wood'n Stain over that section and grain it again.
Step 4 - Stain It
Just paint it on!
Make sure brush strokes are long and even (going in the direction of the grain).
Enjoy Your New Wood Finish
Topcoat is optional for some projects
If you ordered a kit that does not include the topcoat then you must make sure the topcoat you use is appropriate for the project, e.g., interior, exterior, high traffic, etc.
- Apply thin layers of your topcoat until you finish the entire container
- Allow two hours between coats if you are using a Retique It waterbased topcoat
- Follow directions for dry time on any other brand of topcoat
- Retique It will only support the use of our brand of topcoats