Go Beyond Faux with our patented liquid wood technology. It looks and feels like wood because it contains over 60% recycled wood fibers. Transform any hard surface* into stunning wood with Retique It! Get the warm, natural look of wood on any surface without the cost and hassle of traditional woodwork.
Retique It® is the hassle-free way to get that perfect wood finish without any fuss! With its eco-friendly, water-based formula, there are zero VOCs and no offensive odors, making it easy to use even in confined spaces. When you're finished, clean-up is a breeze with just soap and water!
No need to sand or strip off old finishes or surfaces - just apply it right over any painted or finished surface. Our wood-based primers and stains let you add a layer of actual wood to virtually any hard surface.
Durable enough for decking, flooring, and countertops yet perfect for furniture and cabinets as well. Retique It® adheres to almost any hard surface. With Retique It® You can have a durable wood finish over almost any hard surface.
Painted, Stained, Wood, Metal, MDF, Concrete, Plastic, Drywall, virtually any hard surface… Furniture, Cabinets, Tables, Countertops, Front Doors, Garage Doors, Shutters, Porches & more...
- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Lightly scuff up any glossy or smooth surfaces to give them tooth.
Apply two coats of Wood'n Primer to the entire surface.
- Make final strokes long in the direction you want the grain
- Clean your brush while you give the project 2 hours to dry completely between coats. If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer (Dry time may take as little as 15 minutes with the use of a blow dryer on high heat)
If you want a smooth finish you can skip this step. Your brush strokes will make a subtle grain.
- Apply a thin coat of Wood'n Stain in plank size sections
- Pull the graining tool through each section while coat is still wet
- If you don't like the grain, apply another coat of Wood'n Stain over that section and grain it again
- Apply each coat lightly until you get the look you want
- Apply it artistically in long even strokes to acheive more depth and demision
- Lightly wipe away excess stain
If you ordered a kit that does not include the topcoat then you must make sure the topcoat you use is appropriate for the project, e.g., interior, exterior, high traffic, etc.
- Apply thin layers of your topcoat until you finish the entire container
- Allow two hours between coats if you are using a Retique It waterbased topcoat
- Follow directions for dry time on any other brand of topcoat
- Retique It will only support the use of our brand of topcoats