Wood'n Door Kit (Garage Door) - Classic Black
Free 2 Day Shipping applies on the following:
- Shipments to the Continental US only
- Orders over $35 before taxes
- Orders placed by 11 am will be shipped same business day
- Orders after 11 am EST will be shipped on the next business day
- Orders place on the weekend will be shipped next business day
- Not applicable for wholesale customers
- Not applicable on orders to Post Office Boxes
We also ship to the following countries
- Canada, Mexico, All of Central & South America
- UK, France, Germany and all of Europe
- Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zeland
- Many countries in Africa
- and many more...
Liquid Wood • Gel Stain • Top Coat
Next Generation Liquid Wood
Revolutionary Wood Finish Kit with the next generation of patented liquid wood coatings. Both the primer and the stain conatin over 60% recycled wood fibers. This kit includes everything you need to create a finish that looks and feels like real wood.
What comes in the kit
- Interior / Exterior - From Furniture to Decking, unmatched durability
- Easy to Use - Simple 3 step process, goes on like a gel stain but looks and feels like real wood because it IS real wood
- Safe - Low Odor - Waterbased, low VOC, low odor, easy clean up
- Wood'n Primer - High coverage primer that contains over 60% recycled wood fibers.
- Wood'n Stain - Revolutionary gel stain which contains over 60% recycled wood fibers.
- Graining Tool Set - Includes one 6" and 3" graining tool.
- Wonder brush - 3" flat brush.
- Arts & Crafts
- & more...
Step 1 - Clean It
Remember to Prep the Surface
- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Rinse off any residue with warm water.
- Lightly scuff up any glossy or smooth surfaces to give them tooth.
- 1-part rubbing alcohol and 1-part water.
- Krud Kutter® (Found in most hardware stores)
Other Cleaners That Work
Step 2 - Tape It
Tape Off Any Windows or Hardware you can't remove.
Make sure your lines are clean and straight.
Step 3 - Prime It
Apply 2 coats of Wood'n Primer
2 coats are all you need. Make final strokes long in the direction you want the grain.
- Clean your brush after each coat.
- Allow 2 hours for each coat to dry completely.
- If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer (Dry time may take as little as 5 minutes when using a blow dryer on high heat)
Step 4 - Grain It
If you want a smooth finish you can skip this step. Your brush strokes will make a subtle grain.
Grain a thin coat of
Consider if it made of wood planks, where the verticle planks and horizonal planks natually go then grain in that direction for each. This will create the look of planks.
- Apply a thin coat of Wood'n Stain in plank sized sections.
- Pull the graining tool through each section while coat is still wet.
- To achieve a wood knot, move your thumb downward and back up quickly while pulling the graining tool in a smooth continuous stroke (From one end to the other without stopping).
- For best results, don't rock the graining tool back and forth too often or else your surface will appear unnatural.
- If you don't like the grain then apply another coat of Wood'n Stain over that section and grain it again.
Step 5 - Stain It
Just paint it on!
Apply 2 coats for the most popular finish
Make sure brush strokes are long and even (going in the direction of the grain).
Choose Your Finish
Enjoy Your New Wood Front Door
Topcoat is Optional
If you want extra protection you can seal it
- Wood'n Stain already has a topcoat in it, which is durable enough to protect even a deck for over a year.
- If you want more protection, apply thin layers of Tripletique.
- For best results we recommend only using Retique It® brand topcoats.