Add a little rustic charm to a room with Retique It liquid wood. For when there is no real wood...make the impossible--possible!
• Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
• Patch any divots or holes with Retique It® Mud.
• Apply one coat of Retique It® Light Wood as your base coat.
• Clean your brush while you give the project 2 hours to dry completely. If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer (Dry time may take as little as 15 minutes with the use of a blow dryer on high heat)
• Apply a second coat of light wood.
• Clean your brush while you give the project another 2 hours to dry completely (Consider using a blow dryer again)
• Move your hand over the surface, if any bumps or specs are detected, then lightly sand them smooth.
Stay consistent with the direction you want the grain
Lightly pull excess stain off with a lint-free cloth after giving it a couple of minutes to absorb
Each coat will make your finish darker. You can do between 1 and 4 coats...